Monday, May 9, 2011

Saturday Easy Chicken Pasta Recipe

BJ said he wanted lasagne... I was not inspired to make it, even though I agreed.  Because he is so easy to please, he said I didn't have to make it.  I need to make it soon though!

Anyway... I was not inspired period.  So... went to the store...

Aisle of inspiration.... the salad dressing aisle!
I think this feeds 4-6 depending on how much you put on your plate

1 lb of boneless skinless chicken (breasts or thighs)
1/2 package of plain cream cheese (softened)
1 can (10 1/2 oz) of cream soup of choice - I used cream of chicken with herbs
1/4 - 1/2 cup of dry white wine
1/4 cup of Italian style salad dressing... I used Tuscan Italian
pasta of choice ( I had thin spaghetti on hand)
fresh parsley

Cut up the chicken in bite size cubes.  Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil in a medium frying pan and heat up on lower heat.  Add chicken to pan.  Lightly season with some salt and pepper and toss in the oil.  Cook partially on a lower medium temp for a few minutes... do not cook thoroughly

In a mixing bowl... add the cream cheese, can of soup, wine and dressing... mix with a whisk.  add a little bit of cream or milk for a thinner consistency if desired.

Add chicken and cream mixture to slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4-5 hours.

cook pasta and drain.  I tossed a little of the salad dressing on the pasta to keep it from getting sticky.

Serve pasta topped with the chicken and sauce.  Top with a little fresh parsley.



I served this with a salad and cheddar garlic biscuits.

This did not take a long time to prepare, had few ingredients, and had a mild flavor. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate