Saturday, March 12, 2016

Loaded Toasties - Fun & Easy Breakfast

Honey wanted to call this almost chicken on a float.  How appetizing.  Not sure my name is much better, but these were pretty easy.  I made these after Christmas with left overs of ham, cheese block, and Walmart's Everything Italian bread.



Loaded Toasties
Ingredients:
2 slices of bread
2 eggs
shredded cheese of choice.  I used Monterrey Jack
Breakfast meat of choice (optional).  I used left over ham from Christmas dinner.  2 slices.

preheat oven to 400 degrees

I cut the 2 ham slices into small pieces and threw them in a small fry pan to brown.

Prepare a cookie sheet with non stick foil or spray regular foil with cooking spray.

Prepare the bread slices by cutting a hole in the them to nest the eggs.  Save the hole you cut out and set next to bread slices on cookie sheet.

Break an egg into each hole of the bread slices

Top each slice with the shredded cheese.  I already had some block cheese shredded and set aside.  I probably used 2 small handfuls.  (3/4 cup?)

Top each slice with your browned breakfast meat.

Add pepper if you like

Bake for 5 minutes or until whites are set.

Serve with cut out toasts and pepper to taste if you like.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate