Thursday, May 19, 2016

Grandma's Gum Drop Cake Recipe

Grandma's Gum Drop Cake!

Not only is this Grandma's recipe, but it's in her writing.  How cool is that?!
I found this in my mom's recipe box.
I recently sent these pictures to my Aunt Eileen.  She had asked if I still had Grandma's recipe and of course, the last place I looked was mom's recipe box and found it in there!

In the list of ingredients, Grandma references oleo.  For any youngsters on the blog, that is an old fashioned word, or "vintage" word for margarine.  So, my recommendation is to use grass fed butter (of course).  Do not use margarine as it's bad for you!  


(written over instructions: "then by hand, stir in raisins, nuts, and gumdrop mixture.  Batter will be thick.  Spoon into tube pan")
Tube pan was like a bundt cake pan 

I hate that I had a water drop in this picture on the card... but looking at the recipe card now, I didn't damage it!  Thank goodness.

Have fun with Grandma's recipe.  The real fun part is reading her writing... but it's kinda looking like mine might end up looking similar some day.  

Happy baking and this is a wonderful spice cake recipe and was a holiday favorite.  Warning, it's pretty heavy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate