Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Mini Book Review- Holley Gerth's "You're Made for a God-Sized Dream"

I have a reading problem.  I have a tendency to read about 5 - 10 books at once and I very rarely finish any of them.  Even worse, it will take me so long to read a book, that I end up having to re-start them so I can remember what I read!

This is something I've been working on.

About 3 months ago, one of the top leaders of the company that I used to be distributor for, began a 90 day challenge for us to assist in building our businesses.  Alas, her organization of the 90 day challenge only made it through the first month and just stopped, but part of my personal challenge was to complete a book and try to read about 5 - 10 pages a work day over those 90 days.

I didn't read that much per day as I had hoped, but I did complete a book!  Holley Gerth's "You're Made for a God-Sized Dream".  Not only did I complete it, but I loved the book.  It's a keeper that I plan to reference back to often!



So what about the mini review???  Oh! yes... sorry (I'm also easily distracted.  Another part of my reading problem).

First of all, I plan on re-reading this book fairly soon.  At the end of each chapter, Ms. Gerth has a "Go Deeper Guide" that I would actually love to have the time to journal from and not just read then ponder.  In this book, Ms. Gerth takes you through a process of understanding your God-sized dream whether it's starting your own business, writing a book, beginning a ministry, or being a fabulous mom.  She guides you through understanding your dreamer heart and overcoming your fears. Ms. Gerth also goes over how we sabotage ourselves and then ends with a glorious commission to YOU, her reader and friend.

While reading this book, I cried and had to stop reading.  I also would share portions of the book with honey that were really hitting my heart.  I have God-sized dreams, but I sabotage myself and fight many fears regarding my dreams.  However; I am daring to pursue my dreams and listen to God when He says, "You can do this!".

Holley Gerth is a bestselling writer, certified life coach, and speaker. 

Happy reading and please keep me updated on your thoughts of this book and how you are pursuing your God-sized dream!


Read Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate