Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Easy Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup

There are tons of variations of this recipe on Pinterest.  This is not an original recipe, but I don't know who to tell you who should get the credit.  Also, I read the ingredients on a recipe then did my own thing.  But this is a recipe share that I think you'll LOVE! 

I love that this basically takes about 14 - 20 minutes to make and although the tortellini absorbs a ton of broth, this soup is still fabs as leftovers.  BONUS:  This yummy soup freezes too!  I put the extra leftovers in single serve containers and freeze for work lunches.  Did I mention this is a BONUS?

I hope you'll love this.  Feel free to make this your own and then let me know how you varied the recipe!



Easy Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 

Ingredients
6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 20 oz. package of Cheese Tortellini.  I use Buitoni from the refrigerated section
1 pint grape tomatoes (halved)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup sun dried tomato or tomato basil pesto
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
salt & pepper (optional)




Directions

Bring your broth to a boil (TIP:  I halved the tomatoes while the broth came to a boil)



Add the tortellini and simmer on low/med for 7 minutes



Add the tomatoes and simmer for 2 more minutes



Add the cream, pesto, and red pepper flakes.  I did add a tad of pink salt and pepper




Let simmer for about 5 more minutes to reheat.



Enjoy!




A few variations, off the top of my head, would be to add spinach or other veggies or maybe change up the pesto!

Don't forget to let me know your variations!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate