Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Easy Summer Salad Recipe

Eating a hot and heavy meal in the summer just makes me feel...hot and heavy!
I made this pretty and colorful salad for dinner instead  and I felt...pretty and colorful. Ha!
Super easy summer pasta salad
Boil pasta of choice,  set aside cooked pasta to cool.
Chop up as many lovely and colorful veggies that you can.
I used red onion, red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper, celery, peeled and seeded cucumber, radish, grape tomato
I cut some leftover ham slices into small pieces and pan cooked them until browned.
After the pasta cooled, I mixed half of everything together with kraft Tuscan italian dressing and a small amount of season salt.  Then I added the rest and mixed with a little more dressing and season. (Go light on dressing and seasoning as the veggies and ham add a wonderful flavor on their own)
I served with reduced fat parmisan cheese sprinkled on top and chopped black olives for those that like them (not me)
If you can, make ahead to marinate the salad flavors.
Taste the rainbow (thanks Chrissy) and enjoy.
photo by Tracy Hilbun
photo by Tracy Hilbun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate