Monday, June 29, 2015

Pesto Pasta Recipe

Still on a pasta kick...tonight was Pesto Pasta
The simple version...
Cook pasta of choice (I used whole wheat penne)
While pasta is cooking I sliced fresh veggies on hand (peppers and onions) then cooked them in the frying pan with olive oil until warm but still crisp.
While stirring the pasta and veggies occasionally, I prepared a Knorr pesto packet. (Takes about 6 minutes)
I drained the pasta and then placed the cooked veggies in a bowl and used the "seasoned" pan to warm some Tyson frozen oven roasted tenderloin pieces. This takes about 5 minutes
I tossed everything in my pasta and topped it with some feta crumbles (because I had some...ha!)
Enjoy with a fresh veggie side like grape tomatoes.
It was really easy and good. Dinner was ready in about 20 minutes, give or take.
photo by Tracy Hilbun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate