Sunday, November 1, 2015

Easy Yummy Almond Meal Bread

photo by Tracy Hilbun

Humble Beginnings to my new attempts at bread making.  

Of course, all of my food and supplements adventures have been triggered mainly by my quest to alleviate the pain that my husband suffers.  Chronic pain from arthritis in his back and hips along with restless leg syndrome with periodic limb movement.  So in an attempt to fight inflammation, we are making small starts.  My additional quest is for us to be in better health.  

This recipe was fairly easy and baked in the oven.  It wasn't a super messy clean up either.  

Easy and Yummy Almond Meal/Flour Bread
Wet Ingredients:
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon honey (local)
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar 

Dry Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups Almond Meal/Flour ( I used Bob's Red Mill )
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (I use pink)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees

Mix wet ingredients in a small bowl and then mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.   Combine the wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and mix well but gently.  

Generously grease a loaf pan.  (I used spray olive oil and a disposable loaf pan)

Pour bread batter in pan and put in 300 degree oven on the bottom rack.
Bake for 45-55 minutes.  A knife came out of my loaf, clean, after 45 minutes.
Cool on cooling rack
Remove from pan and ENJOY!

This is not a sandwich loaf, but has a fabulous nutty taste.  It was yummy with butter (Irish grass fed butter) and All Fruit strawberry jam.  It would also compliment your soup and chili well.  Actually I think it would make a lovely dinner bread for any meal. Our first serving was while it was fairly fresh from the oven.  This morning I re-warmed a slice on a cookie sheet in a 300 degree oven for a few minutes, turning once.   

photo by Tracy Hilbun


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate