Sunday, February 28, 2016

New York Minute and a Half Cheesecake Recipe

I do not have a sweet tooth.  I used to.  Then I quit eating sugar and the cravings went away.  However I switched from craving sweets to saltys but that's another story.

Every now and then I like to have some sweet.  My honey though... wowsers... LOVES sugar.  But he has been so good the past few weeks and has stopped sugar almost completely.  He's noticed that the restless legs syndrome is not as bad as it has been! "Not as bad" means that he still has multiple daily episodes, but they are not as lengthy as they have been.  I'm thrilled.  I've been bugging him about the sugar since I've known him mainly because of the inflammation it causes and his back is totally arthritic.  I have felt that cutting out the sugar would give him some pain relief as well.

Anyway, we've been trying to eat healthier and cut back our portions but every now and then you want something sweet.  I've searched Pinterest for recipes and it's loaded with all sorts of goodies, low sugar, low carb, high protein, etc.  The trouble is, I found one that I liked, but several bloggers had the same recipe... so I am not sure where to give credit (and I would really like to offer due credit), other than you can find "one minute cheesecakes" or "cheesecake in a mug" or "microwave cheesecake" everywhere.  The recipes are identical.  My recipe has 1 slight variation because I did not have sour cream.  I subbed greek yogurt.  I also made 2 of them so we could each have dessert!



So here it is:

New York Minute and a Half Cheesecake. (Serves 1)
Ingredients:
2 oz cream cheese
1 egg (I think beating the egg first may make it look better than these came out, so I'll try that next time or mixing everything in the Magic Bullet to make it look less like scrambled eggs)
2 tbsp greek yogurt (I used Chobani Plain)
1/2 tsp lemon juice (I researched and this is to help with thickening and of course to make it taste good)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (I think any extract that you may choose based on what you are in the mood for)
2 Stevia packets (or 1 if you don't want it as sweet.  Most of the recipes I found suggest 2-4 packets)





Mix all of the ingredients into a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave 90 seconds.  Every 30 seconds, stop and stir.



Put the mixture in smaller bowls and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill before serving.



Put some fresh fruit on top and Enjoy!





This is obviously crust less... but I think I might try an almond meal crust in future tamperings with this recipe to keep it low carb and high protein.  It depends on if I want to add the calories or if we have company.

PS... I think this could be Atkins okay, Keto okay maybe, and Trim Healthy Mama E since I used the yogurt.  ???  But any experts want to correct me, please do.  I don't wan't to report anything erroneous at all!

Honey's impression:  I think a tad more sugar... but that's amazing!  
My impression:  I'm impressed!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate