Saturday, February 27, 2016

"Stewed" Almost To Die For Roast Pork (Slow Cooker) Recipe

Based on the super easy "To Die For Roast"... My variation is also for the slow cooker.

I love my crockpot!  There I said it...

This is based on an excellent roast recipe, link above to food.com's recipe.

"Stewed" Almost To Die For Roast Pork




Note:  I did this recipe half and half.  I did a lower carb side for me and added mushrooms.  Honey doesn't like sweet potatoes or mushrooms.

Ingredients:
3 lb pork roast
1 packet Hidden Valley the Original Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
1 packet Good Seasons Italian All Natural Salad Dressing and Recipe Mix
1 16 oz. bag of baby carrots
1 16 oz. package of baby bella mushrooms
1 small sweet onion, coarsely chopped
1 large sweet potato cut into chunks
5 small/med red potatoes cut into chunks
3/4 cup white wine (I used chardonnay) - this is the "stewed" part.  hee hee
1/4 cup water


Here's the easy part... put it all in your slow cooker and set to low for 7-8 hours.  




After the roast was done, I sliced it up and emptied the veggies out of the pot with a slotted spoon.  I took the juice in the slow cooker and  poured it into a small sauce pan and made my own gravy from the flavored juice.  It was sweet and tangy.  Yummy, really.

additional note:  The original "To Die For" recipe adds a gravy mix to the slow cooker in addition to the other flavor packets... but I prefer to make my own gravy.

one more note:  I make a larger roast as I will freeze the other half and then re-purpose it into bbq... It's to die for... =)




Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate