Sunday, March 20, 2016

Do It Afraid!

Do it Afraid!

My thought for the day.  I admire those that can just approach life and seem to be not afraid of anything.  I, on the other hand, am afraid of so much!  

I used to be afraid of everything.  I was called "shy" when I was a child.  But I was really afraid of "doing it wrong" so I did nothing.  And then if I did work the courage up to ask to do something, or try to do something... I was shot down.  So... I quit trying.  Yep... I quit!  

Where did this get me?  Well, I still managed to keep a good work ethic and forced myself to be outgoing when I needed to (with a red face and decollete).  But I never took charge of my life and I have some regrets due to fear.  I let it control me.  It's totally MY fault!  

But it's not too late for me.  I've made some positive life changes in the past few years and I've allowed myself to "evolve" and grow.  I've been learning to become "me". But since I love simple things and keeping it real and simple... I'm determined to not make this too difficult on myself.  I'm not going to believe that change happens overnight and with little or no effort.  I'm going to not overthink it and just do it, AFRAID! 

I've learned that my forced extroversion allowed me to do what I needed to do but over the past year I've allowed myself to start embracing a more introverted side... I'm sort of a combination of the two. 

My husband and I are taking better charge of our health.  It won't happen overnight and changing bad habits that are comfortable is very difficult.  Especially when both of us deal with chronic pain. (He has an arthritic back and I have migraines).  But dealing with it little chunks or mini goals at a time is working well for us.  We are both starting to slowly feel better.  

I'm also taking on other life changes, little dollops at a time.  At times I feel like I've bitten off more than I can chew.  Since my attention span is pretty scattered, at times I take on too many different dollops at a time and accomplish nothing.  So I'm learning to focus on one dollop at a time instead of 10 dollops at a time (10 dollops is a pretty big blob).  I'm trying to be bolder and more confident.  God created me this way for a purpose, so I need to fulfill His purpose on my life and glorify Him in the process.  

All this rambling to say... even if the road ahead looks foggy, take it anyway.  We can't grow by standing still.  If we stand still, stuff will start growing over us!  That's just not the way to live an exceptional life.  


Genesis 12:1-2

Remember... God set you apart for a purpose.  It's only yours, not anyone else's.

Do it afraid!

2 comments:

Translate