Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Trudy's Potato Salad

My sweet grandma, Trudy, was a wonderful, wonderful woman.  I miss her so much.  She was a pretty good cook and had a few dishes that everyone loved and one of those dishes was her potato salad.  Which then was handed down to my mom, which was then handed down to us girls.

It's a very simple style of potato salad, but ended up being one of my mom's most requested dishes for potlucks, besides her brownies.

It has now become my husband's favorite potato salad and this is trying every store bought (Publix, Kroger, Walmart) variety.

You'll die at how easy it is too!

Trudy's Potato Salad

Ingredients
  • Potatoes (about 5-6 medium sized, of any variety potatoes.  This recipe used Klondike Rose)
  • 1/2 Vidalia onion chopped
  • 2 hard boiled eggs
  • 2 celery heart stalks finely chopped
  • 1/2 Hellmann's Mayonnaise
  • Seasoning Salt 
Wash then chop up potatoes.  I did not peel the Klondike Rose potatoes.  But if you use brown skinned potato, you might want to peel them before you chop them.
Place them in a medium sized pan and cover with water
Bring potatoes to a boil and then let them boil for about 10 minutes.
While potatoes are boiling, chop your onion, eggs, and celery


After 10 minutes, drain your potatoes and let them cool for about 30 minutes.

While your potatoes cool, have a glass of wine and listen to some music (Relax!)

After your potatoes have cooled, pour them into a large serving bowl or casserole.  I used my mom's vintage cornflower corning ware casserole.
Add about 1/2 of your ingredients and mix... then combine the rest of your ingredients and mix.

Season to taste.  I'm guessing I used about 1 teaspoon of seasoning salt.  You may like less or more.


Enjoy!!!
We enjoyed ours with burgers and corn on the cobb!
What do you usually serve your potato salad with?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate