Sunday, February 7, 2016

Abandoned

Abandoned!

Art is never finished, only abandoned.
Leonardo Da Vinci

Abandoned house, somewhere in AL.  I think by Scottsboro?? Over the river
Photo by Tracy Hilbun




I have a fascination with old abandoned houses.  I have to stare at them as we drive by and I wonder, what happened?  Who owned it?  When was it built?  The architect? Was it built by the family?  Will I get a photo of how I see it?  I see it as art! 

The picture above is just one fascinating example and how having ADD and being fearful gets in the way of my natural curiosity.  This house was on a back highway in Alabama.  Honey is always willing to stop when I see an old barn or house that I might want a picture of.  If we can find a safe place to stop, we do and I take my picture... then after our trip.. I forget that I took the picture and I didn't even make a note of where we were!   

My biggest curiosity, that will not be fulfilled, is going into these abandoned places.  Any smart cookie knows that without a suit of armor, it's a possibility to not survive going into one of these places.  Some are still on properties that have a newer home on them and the owners might have a shotgun.  The rest are most likely infested with the likes of spiders, scorpions, snakes... just to name a few things that can kill you.  

Yet I'm still fascinated.  I hope one day to actually start trying to coordinate the pictures with notes of what county or hwy they are on, addresses nearby, and maybe be brave to go back and visit and check with the historic archives to find out some history.  It might be history worthy to give these abandoned lovelies, one last chance of glory.  

Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

PS... we aren't watching the game, but we did take advantage of the Papa Johns superbowl50 coupon deal... order $15 worth today, get your 25 points tomorrow for a free pizza after tomorrow!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate