Thursday, May 12, 2016

School Zone Rant!

School Zones!  

Do you all not know that it's the LAW to obey the school zone speed limit when those yellow flashy lights are on???!!!

Every week, at some point, I get the 1 finger salute because I'm going 30 mph through the school zone.  Granted.. that means the speed limit on that road is only 40 mph!  I get passed by folks going WELL over 40!  My guess.. 55 and up!

So what's up with that?  Do you not have kids that go to school?  Nieces, nephews, grandchildren in school?  Did YOU ever go to school?  Do you want to know that folks are driving through your children's school zones at the same rate of speed as YOU?!?  What if they walked to school, like many children do?  Would you care then?  Or do you think the only time you have to drive the flashy speed limit is when the crossing guard or a police officer is present.

Wrong!

You are dangerous!

Random question:  Why are speed traps set at the bottom of hills and not in school zones?

Pictured below is a school zone that I drive though in my home town.  Quite the opposite of the above story is true in our town.  I RARELY see a car speed through the school zones here.  It's awesome!



Okay I said my piece.  Go back to your regularly scheduled scrolling!

Does anyone else get frustrated by this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate