Wednesday, July 17, 2019

My Honest Review of Beachbody Clean Week




My Honest Review of Beachbody Clean Week!





Raise your hand if you have been approached "randomly" by anyone promoting their week long accountability group for health and nutrition?




via GIPHY

Okay... so we've all been PM'd.  BUT let me make a recommendation.  If you have a friend that is a Beachbody Coach or you have built an engaging relationship with one on social media, do yourself a favor and take them up on the offer.

That's right, JUST DO IT!


via GIPHY

In all seriousness though, I have been approached by numerous new followers that have randomly invited me into their accountability groups.  I really enjoy watching their journeys and their encouragement.  Right up my alley!.  When I have been invited to a challenge group or boot camp, I try to briefly explain that I have had complications from a mystery virus that has left me with lingering chronic fatigue (more than just a little tired) and periodic swollen glands and that a 7 day in a row fitness group is not an option, I sound like I'm making excuses even to myself.    Ha ha!

In Apirl of 2019, I noticed my swollen glands and fatigue levels were improving.  I was still doing at home exercising but had increased from 3 days a week to 4 or 5.  However; I wasn't really feeling any progress other that the workouts I was doing were feeling easier (I was getting a bit stronger).  But I knew I needed something else.

Perfect timing, my co-worker's beautiful wife Kelly posted on Facebook that she was going to do a 5 day accountability group for fitness and nutrition.  I knew she was a Beachbody coach and despite my pre-judgements, I clicked like and said "me!".

After sending that comment to join her group, I had regrets already.  "What am I thinking?"  "I can't do this!"  "I'm 50 and out of shape, trying, but out of shape." "Everyone will think I'm a joke!".

So here comes Clean Week.  I unfortunately didn't get off to a great start.  I was accidentally put in the wrong group so I didn't get the menu in advance so when I grocery shopped, I purchased the best I could gather we'd eat.  Basically what I normally make for meals.  Monday rolled around and I was not getting notifications or anything so I got up and did my usual workout and planned my healthy eating day as normal.  My coach was awesome and got me in the correct group and it was loaded with all sorts of awesome information, tips, encouragement and the dreaded check ins with sweaty selfies!!!!

Ugh, I hate selfies, let alone ones where I look worse than normal.  Ha ha.

Day 1 was a bust other than on nutrition and water.  But, at my haphazard check in, I was encouraged nonetheless by the group leaders and participants.

My awesome coach helped this Beachbody website challenged girl, find the Clean Week Program on Beachbody on Demand (BOD) so that I could do the workouts everyone else was doing.

Here's a preview:  Clean Week Overview

Being the bad rule follower that I am, I worked out of order on the workouts.  (insert snicker here).  I only cheat myself here guys.  Because my workouts mainly consisted of 20 minutes of pilates, callenetics for 30 minutes, the treadmill and elliptical once a week, I started with the Active Flex workout!  It was tough but good!  Just what I needed.

Day 2 check in was a bit more encouraging to myself!

Day 3 I did the Core Function Workout and although worked mostly on the modifications and took breaks, it was tough but good as well.  I felt good about my check in.

Day 4  OH MY GOODNESS, I could hardly move.  All I could say was, "lunges, squats, and sumo squats are evil!".  So I went off the wagon and went back to my easy pilates workout but could hardly do it.  But I was in an accountability group and had to do something!

Day 5  Thank goodness this is the last day!  I did the Strength workout (barely).  I was still pretty sore from the Core Function.  Check in was on target.

Day 5 I was surprised to find out the program was 7 days and we still had access to it on Beachbody  on Demand.  I took the time to do the Active Flex again as well as the Strength again (I never braved the Cardio workout).  I also reviewed the actual nutrition guide and saw that how I normally eat was pretty on target but I got lots of ideas for future meals and snacks.

Day 6 results?  Well, I just turned 50 this year and I have struggled with my weight since I was a kid so I didn't expect much.  I had been exercising regularly but not as much as I need to due to the virus junk so I realized how bad of condition I was in but I was totally inspired and motivated to move on and get stronger.  My goals are really improved health and strength.  If I can get into smaller pants later on, I'll be thrilled but if I begin to get stronger and feel better, that is success to me.  So tangible results:  I only measured my waist and weighed myself.  I gained 2 pounds BUT lost 1 inch on my waist!  My weight gain was mostly due to inflammation from the sore muscles and I started my period.

Day 7, I invested in myself and purchased BOD!

7 weeks later, the scale still hasn't moved but I've lost 2 inches in my waist, an inch in my hips, my hiney is still huge but it sits a little higher, and my arms lost 1/4 inch each.  I also lost that much on my thighs.  I can  also do Core Function without being unable to walk for 3 days.  I am just a bit sore the next day, so with the scatterings of workouts that I'm doing I am definitely getting stronger and my short attention span loves the variety of workouts that I have access to.  I believe my weight not changing is due to muscle gain and I hope that will soon turn into fat loss as I progress.  I'm up to 6 days a week of working out and joined a full time accountability group that continues to offer the check ins with sweaty selfies, tips, and encouragement.  I love it.  I'm actually enjoying exercise.  I also can't believe I just said that.

An additional note to follow up on my regrets: I am thinking now, "I want to continue to get stronger regardless of my age!"  "I did do this and continue to do this!"  "Everyone has encouraged me and it's been wonderful."

My honest review recap... Get started with a Clean Week or with a Beachbody coach right away!  Need a coach? Email here

For your entertainment, here a few of my sweaty selfies.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate