Friday, June 8, 2018

Southwestern Sweet Potatoes



This recipe is how I learned to like sweet potatoes.  I'm not much of a sweets eater and when I was ever at a dinner with sweet potatoes, they were served as a marshmallow goo or with cinnamon and sugar.  Not my thing.  I'm a savory girl.  Maybe a bit salty too.  ha ha.  Now I love sweet potatoes, but still not sweetened! 

Only 1 picture for this recipe.  I thought about sharing the recipe after they were almost done.  



Southwestern Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients:
2 sweet potatoes
1 large pepper or equivalent in sliced multi color peppers
1/2 large sweet onion
EVOO
Seasonings of garlic powder, pepper, onion pepper


  • Bake your sweet potatoes in the microwave (firm)or use leftover baked sweet potatoes 
  • Slice your peppers and onions while potatoes cook.
  • Cut the cooked potatoes lengthwise in half, then slice through to make half circle cuts.
  • Heat pan to medium heat with the EVOO 
  • Add all to heated oil, season. 
  • Stir and cook to desired texture

I like my veggies and potatoes browned. This photo was while they were 5 minutes away from done for me. 


Enjoy!

💚


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate