Monday, October 22, 2018

Goat Cheese and Arugula Pitas



First of all... I'm obsessed with the flavor combination of goat cheese and arugula  AND their versatility for add-in, toppings, and meals!

I'm the only one eating the arugula and goat cheese so I've enjoyed them in a salad for lunch with added pear chunks and a balsamic vinaigrette.  Actually mixed with any fruit would be lovely.  A simple but nutritious lunch on the go or a side to compliment a toasted sandwich.

Okay... back to reality from goat cheese and arugula dream land.  These pitas are super easy and make a great weekend breakfast for those who prefer savory to sweet or even for lunch.  They are filling and oh so satisfying.

Ingredients:
2 - 3 tbsps of Goat Cheese crumbled
3/4 to 1 cup Organic Arugula
1 Pita
Balsamic Vinaigrette for drizzle
1/2 tsp (or less) of  Organic EVOO

You know I'm a dumper from way back so these measurements are my best guess.  My mom and grandma are the guilty parties for teaching me how to prepare meals this way.  Ha ha.  I miss them so much.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Place Pita on cookie sheet and brush the EVOO on one side and then flip over

Place your arugula in the center of the pita and flatten a little, top with the goat cheese crumbles, then drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette on top.



Place in the 350 degrees oven and then bake for 10 minutes for a crunchy and savory breakfast, lunch, or snack!

I cut mine in thirds with a pizza cutter and served it with a side of organic whole cranberry sauce.



Oh my delish... was that nice topped on part of my pita.  I saved it for the last piece as sort of making it the sweet tart finish.



Enjoy!


Your turn! 

How do you eat your goat cheese or arugula?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate