Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad


This is a keeper recipe per hubby, so I'll give this the labels of super easy and hubby approved!

This was made a bit easier this go as I had 2 already leftover baked chicken breasts in the freezer.  They had been seasoned with garlic and rosemary but I think if you want to add chicken, you can decide how you want to do this.  Or... you can go vegetarian and leave off the meat or add roasted chickpeas.  I bet they would be awesome on this salad!

Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad

Ingredients:
Cooled Cooked Pasta (I used bowtie)
Chopped Romaine Lettuce
2 Cubed Chicken breasts
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
Caesar Dressing of Choice
Seasonings of choice for Pasta (water is usually salted for boiling so I choose unsalted seasonings like garlic and pepper)
EVOO
croutons (optional) I served hubby's with 1/2 pita. 


Cook Pasta and drain.  Put pasta back in pan and toss a little EVOO, garlic, pepper, and parsley for flavor.  Let cool. 



If you need to cook your chicken breasts.  Bake or pan fry as preferred.  Do this along with the pasta so both can set aside to cool a bit.  When cool, cube chicken breasts.

While everything is cooking, you can begin chopping your lettuce. 



Now that everything is done... it's time to plate!

I put a pasta fork full of pasta on the plate first.



Then I topped with a ton of Romaine



Then I added about a handful (I have small hands) of chicken.

Top with the shredded parmesan



Drizzle with your Caesar dressing





Enjoy!



I made my pasta ahead of time so it had time to cool a lot so my lettuce didn't get soggy.  It was also helpful having the chicken only warm rather than hot for the same reason.  I'm guessing this dinner, from "scratch" wouldn't take but 30 minutes to prepare (depending on your chicken and pasta cooking times and allowing to cool a bit. 

I had enough left to make a 3rd salad for lunch the next day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate