Saturday, April 23, 2016

Emotions

Emotions are interesting.  As a woman, I have all of them, and sometimes all within a 5 minute time span.

So far today, it’s 9am and I’ve had several… let’s go through a few.

Tired:  I didn’t even hear the 4:30 am alarm, woke up to honey waking me up to the 4:45 am alarm.  I think the first words out of my mouth were, “I love you.” To honey.  I’m not really sure.  Fridays are our most energy challenged day of the week.

Disappointment:  This is my big one today.

  • I’m disappointed in a very recent financial set back.  It’s not only disappointing to look at my checkbook balance, but it’s due to an error that I didn’t make and with a company that I’ve had a long standing relationship with.  I don’t blame the agent, but the company won’t make the situation right.  It’s always sad to sever ties, but it’s going to have to happen so I can stay in the black a little every month.  You know, being a grown up and being responsible just doesn’t pay, literally.
  • I’m disappointed that the first disappointment is confirmation that I need to change some summer plans.  Much to my heart’s dismay, but we just can’t afford it.  I’ll be letting some folks, that I care about, down but it doesn’t mean that I love them any less.  Of course now I need to be the big girl and let them know.  =(
  • I’m disappointed that we were going to have visitors to our home and excited to have fun but because of a family situation with honey’s family, I have to cancel that!  Ugh.  


Excitement:  I’m thrilled that as of today, honey and I bought our first home together.  I love our foot hills home and I can’t wait to fix it up more and then decide if and when we’ll move further “up the hill” to a real mountain home.  =)  This location seems like a teaser.

Concern:  This one is on a “professional” note.  Honey and I do an awful lot of driving and this is probably the biggest contributor to emotion #1 of Tired.  But there is a possibility that honey’s next year commutes might be a bit less as one of his extra jobs might be confirming it’s time to retire.  I’m disappointed for him as he enjoys this job, but I’m thrilled I’ll have him home more and on the road less!  I also have some other concerns professionally, but I’m not even sure how to put these concerns into coherent words… so that means prayer time for me so it’s no longer a concern.

Anxiety:  This seems to be my biggest super power.

Joy:  I’m so blessed!  I love that honey loves me and treats me beautifully and is open and honest.  He’s sentimental in his way and romantic in his way, but it’s authentic which blesses me more than you can imagine.

Pride:  My daughter is amazing.  ‘nuff said.

Welp, it’s 9:30am and that’s about it on my emotions.  Unless hungry is one.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate