Thursday, January 18, 2018

Easy Homemade Fried Potatoes

I usually try to plan our next week's menus the day before I grocery.  That way, we stick to a budget and a healthier eating plan.  Are we flexible enough to deviate?  Well... when you find a sack of potatoes that you forgot you had purchased (and they're still in excellent shape)... you deviate from your planned side dishes and plan ahead a little.  

So this week, we had chicken breasts for 2 nights and then I had a package of pollack in the freezer for tonight.  I had planned long grain rice for both chicken nights.  As I went into my fabulous new kitchen cabinet that honey restored and refurbished for me (OMG!  I need to do a post on the cabinet!), I noticed a sack of small potatoes.  As I thought to myself, "when did I buy those?".  I also thought, "dang, I better use those before they go bad!".  

So we had rice one night and then I baked potatoes last night.  Thinking ahead, I baked 2 extra potatoes for fried potatoes tonight.  

So here's the simplest way to make yummy fried potatoes for 2: (of course do your potato count and onions based on family size)



Ingredients:
Leftover baked potatoes chopped (you could also quick bake your potatoes in the microwave prior to making these but they are easier to handle cold out of the fridge rather than hot out the microwave)
1/2 large sweet onion chopped
1 tbsp EVOO
Seasonings: 
onion powder
garlic powder
pepper
pink Himalayan sea salt

That's it!
Put your EVOO in your frying pan and heat on medium.  Add your potatoes and onions to warm pan, season, then stir up on the warm EVOO.   

Periodically mix the potatoes around to brown them nicely (about 15 minutes or so)

Enjoy as a side dish for any meal and also as yummy extra with weekend breakfast!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate