Monday, January 8, 2018

"The Four Year Career for Women" by Kimmy Brooke - Book Review


I have had this book for a while, but like most best laid plans... I haven't had a chance to read it.  Honey and I ran all of our errands yesterday so with dinner in the crockpot, my treadmill time done, I sat down to read this book.

I had started it a few weeks ago and alas... the holidays.  So I started the book over today to refresh my memory.

The book is a super fast read.  I finished it today including the success stories in the back.  I have not completed my own worksheet in the back yet as I am only in Year One... but the worksheet can still be started now for me to add to and then reflect upon as my Network Marketing journey continues.

Let's back up a bit and let me explain, why I got the book.  I first heard of Kimmy Brooke on the way home from work.  As you may know, I have an hour and half commute home and I listen to podcasts on the way to/from work.  I usually listen to sermon podcasts in the morning to start my day, but the afternoons are for continued personal development and mlm education.  One of these podcasts that I love is MLM Nation!   This podcast with Mrs. Brooke was in December of 2016.  (here it is if you are curious)  Her husband, Richard, had written a book,  "The Four Year Career", so it made sense for her to take it to the intuitive and multitasking level of women and write her book.  It was of course one of her recommended books at the end of the podcast.  I purchased the book as a Christmas gift to me that month and here I am, a year later, just now reading it.

On to the review.

It's great!  ha ha... I shall expound.  Along with being a fast read, it's very light, simple, and encouraging.  She re-sold me on network marketing as a business.  I would say the reading of this book was timely as I had been having doubts in November, chocked it up to my own personal issues and re-committed in late December and made it a personal commitment to read the books on my shelf and put what I learn to ACTION!  I'm so glad that I did and this ended up being the first book I read.  She takes you through the course of deciding if network marketing is for you and shows you that everyone can do it and helps you drill into what your reasons may be for doing it, why it makes sense, and a simple core formula that should work for most, if not all, network marketing companies. The simplicity is unreal!  Did I mention that this book was encouraging?

She breaks it all down as to why you might want to start your own network marketing business, how you are already qualified to run your own business, but helps you simply understand that it's all up to YOU to do the work, grow, and share!

I enjoyed the success stories in the end.  I love how all of the ladies came from all different education, career, and financial backgrounds.  All of them answered Kimmy's question, "because I said yes, I now:" in some form of another of giving back.  Either to their community, local and world charities, their families.  All of them are able to bless others because they have the financial means and security to do so because they said, "enough" or "no" to a dead end 40 year career and saying "yes" to building their own 4 year career.

If you are a network marketer, get this book.  I would also suggest having a few copies on hand to give out to new team members or maybe even serious prospects.  Prospects that you know are positive influencers that will make a difference in their world.

You can find this book online, just do a google search!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate