Sunday, August 26, 2018

"The Compound Effect" Mini Book Review



Y'all, I started reading this book at the tail end of my vacation.  I SOOOOO wish I had started it at the beginning of my time off of work, but I was sort of busy getting some much needed REST!

Anyway... I got through Chapter 1 starving for chapter 2, but the tail end of my week off was jam packed.

What's a girl to do?  Once work starts, time to read is a premium.

Duh... get the audio book!  I'm such a dork sometimes that I just don't think of these things.

Anyway, I finished listening the book by the end of the week.  It was wonderfully read by the author himself and left me encouraged and already taking action by Chapter 2!

Although getting the audio book helped me devour this gem, I'm really glad I own the paperback.  There's more to the book than just the content of the chapters and there are parts I want to review more thoroughly.

This book is relevant and to the point.  Whether you are trying to achieve goals in your business, your relationships, your education, etc. this book will inspire you to really start taking action.  I mean... really start action.

I started tracking after chapter 2.  If you are not tracking after reading that chapter.. well Chapter 2 is called "Choices".  Can't get any more to the point than that!  What did I start tracking?  Well as suggested, at least one behavior in my life where I want to improve.  Well I have several areas that seem to be in either constant challenge or growth.  So I started tracking 4 areas.  This began on 8/1/18.  I'm still tracking and I will review my results on the 31st to see my reality vs. what I think I'm doing.  I don't think I'll be too shocked, but I'm also one to take responsibility for what I'm doing or not doing in my life.

Since I listened to the audio book, I did not complete the Summary Action steps (other than tracking) after each chapter.  One of September's goals is to begin thoughtfully working through those action steps (not just going through the motions of completing them).

I'm a personal development junkie so not all of the concepts in the book were new as I'm sure Mr. Hardy's material is regurgitated by numerous other gurus out there.  BUT, I found that receiving this from the original author and in the original format was key for me!  I'm not going to give any more away of this must-read.  

Seriously, if you are seeking success in any area of your life (health, marriage, parenting, business, school, etc.) get this book.  You'll be encouraged by understanding how little every day decisions can add up and change your outcomes more than you had ever imagined.

What are you waiting for???!!??  Start reading and listening today!

Have you also found this book helpful?  
Let us know about it in the comments below!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate