Sunday, January 20, 2019

Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole

Y'all, I have been a royal mess lately.  I won't go into too many details right now, but my schedule for the past 2 weeks has not made it easy to prepare any homemade meals.  And I LOVE to cook!  It's been a real drag not being able to spend any creative and fun time in the kitchen. 

So I took advantage of the 3 day weekend and made time and planned ahead to make us a brunch casserole.  It was super easy and very tasty!  Hubby liked it, so that makes it a keeper recipe and to me... blog worthy so I can have it for future reference!

This is most likely 1 of probably 1000 recipes like it... but this is what I did today.  I even tried to measure some to help make it recipe worthy in case anyone wants to try it!

This recipe would be a great option when hosting out of town guests, brunch, and for the holidays!




Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole
6 servings

Ingredients
6 eggs
1 package tube of Turkey Sausage
1 cup milk (minimum 2%)
1 cup shredded cheese of choice (I used a blend flavor)
1/2 cup shredded cheese 
4 slices of whole wheat bread (or whatever bread you have on hand)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
(These ingredients fit perfectly into a 2L or 11x7 rectangle baking dish)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Brown your turkey sausage over medium heat and then drain if needed.  I used Jenny O brand and rarely have I needed to drain this very lean sausage.



While your turkey is browning, 
Cut 4 slices of bread into cubes.  
Add the eggs and milk into a large mixing bowl.  


Whisk the eggs until frothy then add the garlic powder, pepper, the bread cubes and then the 1 cup of shredded cheese.  Gently mix to cover the bread cubes with the egg mixture.   



Let that soak while the sausage finishes browning, then add the sausage to the full egg mixture and gently blend.

Add everything to a greased (I used cooking spray) glass 11x7 baking dish.  


Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.  
Remove from oven and top with remaining 1/2  cup or less of shredded cheese and put back in the oven for 5 more minutes. 
(knife will come out cleanish, when testing.  The cheese will coat the knife)


Let stand for a few minutes to cool then serve.



  
Enjoy!

Enjoy and please don't forget to let me know you made it and any alterations you have made.  It's always fun to make recipes "your own"!












2 comments:

  1. Looks so good! I don’t cook very often but I did copy the recipe...just in case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you Beverly! I hope you are doing well! You seem so busy! =)

      Delete

Translate